1. Information collection
1.1 In order to provide a better service to you, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information at other times, for example in connection with a promotion or when you report a problem with our site;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
1.2 We only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary. Data may be archived as long as the purpose for which the data was used still exists.
2. Uses made of the information
2.1 The purposes for which information may be used by us include:.
- ensuring that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- providing you with alerts, newsletter, education materials or information that you requested or signed up to;
- carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- designing and conducting surveys/questionnaires for client profiling/segmentation, statistical analysis, improving and furthering the provision our products and services;
- complying with laws and regulations applicable to us or any of our affiliates;
- legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts and seeking professional advices;
- researching, designing and launching services or products including seminars/events/forums;
- To answer enquiries; or
- purposes directly related or incidental to the above.
2.2 We intend to use your data in direct marketing and we require your consent (which you provide when you register your details with us) for that purpose. By registering to use our site, you agree that:
- your name, contact details (including address, contact number, email address), products and services information, transaction pattern and behaviour, background and demographic data held by us from time to time may be used by us in direct marketing;
- the following classes of services, products and subjects may be marketed to you:
- services and products related to our site and/or our affiliates (including marketing affiliates programs we are a part of;
- reward, loyalty or privileges programmes, promotional offers and related services; and
- invitations to events such as seminars/webinars/tele-seminars, conferences, live programs or events.
- We may conduct direct marketing via fax, email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication or send e-newsletters to you. You may choose not to receive promotional materials, by simply telling us (see below for contact details), and we will cease to do so, without charge.
3. Disclosure of your information
We will keep the personal data we hold confidential but may provide information to:
- personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations or services;
- our offices, affiliates, business partners and counterparts (if any);
- persons under a duty of confidentiality to us;
- persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws in any jurisdiction; or
- actual or proposed transferees or participants of our services.
4.3 We may use the following third party services on the website. The service providers that administer these services may use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyse how visitors use the website. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the website. These analytic services may use the data collected to contextualise and personalise the marketing materials of their own advertising network.
- Google Analytics
5. Protecting your information
5.1 We maintain reasonable physical, electronic, and operational security measures to protect your information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, or unintended disclosure or access. We use Secure Socket Layer technology to encrypt credit card information during transit. No credit card details are stored on our site.
5.2 Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
5.2 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. We do not accept any liability for such transmissions. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7. Data transfers
7.1 We may hold your data on servers in the UK, Europe, Australia and any other territories as we see fit from time to time.
7.2 We share your personal data within our corporate group. This may involve transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).]
7.3 Where our external third parties are based outside the EEA, their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
7.4 Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- • We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- • Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
7.5 Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
7.6 Please contact us via the contact form if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
8. Your consent and rights (Australia)
8.1 By using our service, making an application or visiting our website, you consent to the collection and use of your information and other activities as outlined in this policy.
8.2 Under the Privacy Act (the "Act"), individuals have the right:
- to check whether we hold personal data about you and to access such data;
- to require us to correct as soon as reasonably practicable any data relating to you that is inaccurate;
- to ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data and the kind of personal data held by us; and
- to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data for marketing purposes and we shall not use your personal data for marketing purposes after you communicate your withdrawal of consent to us
8.3 You may exercise your opt-out right by notifying us by using our contact form if you wish to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. Please send requests to opt-out and for access to data, correction of data, information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held, questions or complaints via our contact form:
8.4 In accordance with the Act, we have the right to and may charge a reasonable fee for processing any data access request.
9. Your consent and rights (UK and Europe)
9.2 You can easily correct your account name and contact details at any time by signing in to your account on the website. Correcting booking information may incur costs depending on the terms of an actual booking. Alternatively, please contact us via our contact form to exercise any of the following rights:
9.3 Access: You are entitled at any time to obtain information about your personal information that we store, in accordance with applicable law and without any fee. However, in exceptional cases we ask you to pay reasonable fees before we provide the information if permitted by applicable law.
9.4 Rectification: You may request that we rectify any of your personal information that is incomplete or incorrect.
9.5 Deletion: You may request that we delete your account.
9.6 Restrictions of Processing: You may ask us to cease processing of your personal information for example if you have objected to the processing and whether legitimate grounds exist is still under consideration.
9.7 Objection: You may object, at any time, to your personal information being processed for direct marketing purposes.
9.8 Right to Revoke Consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on such consent before it was withdrawn.
9.9 Data Portability: If applicable, you may request us to send you your personal information which we store, in a commonly used and machine readable format which shall be decided at our sole discretion.
9.10 To protect your privacy and security, we will verify your identity before responding to such request, and your request will be answered within a reasonable timeframe. We may not be able to allow you to access certain personal information in some cases e.g. if your personal information is connected with personal information of other persons, or for legal reasons. In such cases, we will provide you with an explanation why you cannot obtain this information. We may also deny your request for deletion or rectification of your personal information due to statutory provisions, especially those affecting our accounting processes, processing of claims, for fraud detection or prevention purposes, and mandatory data retention, which may prohibit deletion or anonymization.